ARE YOU INTUITIVE? TAKE THIS FIVE MINUTE TEST TO ASSESS YOUR INTUITIVE ABILITY
This is a self-assessment inventory on intuitive ability. The test is used as a means to give an indication of a person’s ability to use their intuition. Answer the questions below and mark an ✔ on a piece of paper every time you agree with the statement. At the end, count up the number of ticks you have. Compare your score to the descriptions given below.
Answer the questions quickly, trusting your first impression.
1. Have you been told that you are accurate when making a first impression?
2. Do you believe symbols are given to you through guidance in your everyday life?
3. When you have a hunch, does it turn out to be true more often than not?
4. Are you able to imagine things easily?
5. Are you able to anticipate what will happen next when you are watching a movie or television?
6. Are you able to guess the right level to hang a picture without measuring?
7. Can you take a whole scene in quickly and remember details?
8. Do you see pictures in clouds?
9. Are you a daydreamer?
10. Can you fantasize easily about your future?
11. Are you a good detective?
12. Do you like to solve puzzles?
13. Have you ever had a psychic experience that was accurate?
14. Have you ever thought of a friend or relative, then had them call?
15. Are you able to solve problems by knowing the best way to proceed without thinking about it?
16. If you discovered a new way to solve world hunger would you know how to apply this information to the problem?
17. If you were asked to imagine pictures on a blank piece of paper, could you?
18. Are you able to quickly identify objects if they instantaneously flash before you?
19. Do you know how much time has passed without looking at a clock?
20. If you come in late to a movie are you able to figure out what the movie is about?
If your yes score was 16 - 20, you are well on the way in developing your intuitive psychic ability. You probably could provide intuitive answers to other peoples’ questions today. With practice, you could become a highly developed intuitive. You are probably a very creative person and access the right side of your brain for problem solving skills. You may even seem to get answers “out of the air”.
If your yes score was between 11 – 15, you are probably a person who uses the right side of their brain to solve problems more often than the average person. Those close to you probably notice your intuitive perceptions. You will increase your intuitive ability and become stronger, clearer and more focused as you practice every day.
If your yes score was between 5 – 10, you fall within the range of the majority of people in using your intuition. You may want to begin a development program which when practiced daily will improve your intuitive skills and perception.
If your yes score was between 0 – 5, you are probably more mechanical, technical or scientifically based than most people. You use the left side of your brain to solve problems more often than not. You probably find it difficult to use your imagination. To develop your intuitive skills and become more feeling-based will take commitment and intention on your part. However, with your highly developed analytical ability you will have a very good foundation for intuitive impressions.
Reference: The Anatomy of Intuition, Article in Psychology Today, April 1995 by Daniel Cappon, M.D.